Thursday 25 June 2009

Seeing the spiritual connection in a relationship


W
hat is important in a relationship is shared values and principles. They
last and passion is just a hook. It serves its purpose and then goes.

Sometimes I think every person I have fallen for was sent into my life for a different reason. Sometimes it seems like the message I am supposed to get is that we should not have a sexual relationship, just spiritual, mutually enriching friendship. Well, that's what I want from a relationship anyway: love and spiritual connection. Love can be sexual at first but it evolves, it can't stay on the passion level for ever.

It's a shame that I never get the chance to get this message through. I have even tried to do it directly, just saying that straight to face. I would say that there's more to what is happening between us than the eye can see or the cock may want. We can enjoy sex and passion for now. But it's not the purpose. We are in for much better things together. Sometimes it falls on deaf ears, sometimes it has only a fleeting effect.

I guess I can see more at the moment than the other party. They come back to me years later saying that now they see I was the real thing but then I'm already in a different place, both geographically and psychologically. Sometimes it feels like a curse but perhaps there is just a lesson.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Artour,

I read another article yesterday, with a similar theme, where someone chose to abstain from sex for a whole year, to see how it would affect her ability to form better relationships. Her experience was positive. She found that she could connect more deeply when sex wasn't in the equation. Then I read your blog post. The same theme, twice on one day. Am I being sent a message too?

Magic Whale said...

Hey I did that too, I think it was 1997 or 1998. Whole year, no sex. I did not notice any positive developments though. Must have been too young.